It’s Freyja #Friday
Freyja is the Norse goddess of fertility, beauty, wealth, gold as well as being a witch skilled in magick and enchantment.
Here are a some Folklore Facts about this lovely goddess.
*Freyja is not Frigg the queen of the Aesir goddeses and is married to Odin. Many scholars still debate this topic.
* Freyja has a brother ‘Freyr’ who is the Norse god of harvest and bounty
*Freyja represents the planet ‘Venus’ which is the love planet
*Freyja is called the goddess of love & fertility and wealth, she is originally a Vanir goddess.
*Freyja has two large male Norse forest cats that pull her and her chariot among the clouds
*Her cats names are ‘Bygul’ and ‘Trjegul’
* She has a wild boar at her side his name is ‘Hildisvini,’ who once was a man. The dark elves turned him into a boar
*She is married to the god Óð who is rarely around and she searches for him under various names such as including the thrice-burnt and thrice-reborn Gullveig/Heiðr, the goddesses Gefjon, Skaði, Þorgerðr Hölgabrúðr and Irpa, Menglöð, and the 1st century CE “Isis” of the Suebi.
* She has a falcon cloak that enables her to travel throughout the nine worlds.
*Freyja is known as an accomplished sorceress of the Norse nine worlds
*Freyja is the leader of the Valkeryies, female goddesses that help her collect the fallen brave soldiers souls from the battlefield.
*Odin and Freyja collect the dead souls of valiant soldiers on the battlefield and carry half of them, off to Valhalla the hall of Odin and the other half Freyja takes to her hall Sessrúmnir in Folksvang.
*She reigns over ‘Folksvang’ in the heavens
* Freyja has a magickal gift of Seidr, she can shapeshift and change her enviroment that surrounds her.
*Odin taught her Rune wisdom and in exchange she taught Odin her spell craft.
* Freyja takes pride in her amber necklace called Brísingamen.
*Her most desired fruit are strawberries
*Her number is 13 and she is the goddess of Friday this is her good fortune day, Friday the 13th.
*Freyja cries red and gold tears.